As students transition into high school, they will also begin considering and planning what they want to do after high school. This process is specifically outlined by IDEA for students receiving special education services in public schools. Students need to be involved in the development of their own transition plan, planning for support in post-secondary life.
Imagine collaborating with a Grades 9-12 certified grade special education teacher about transition assessments, plans, goals, and post-secondary transition to help you synthesize the following:
1. Who is involved in the development of the transition plan?
2. How can the student advocate for himself or herself through the development of the transition plan?
3. What types of assessments are used to develop the transition plan?
4. What types of supports can be provided to help the student meet their transition goals?
5. What types of organizations can be included in the transition plan to support the student’s goals?
6. Ask at least two additional questions of your own.
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your observations and collaboration. Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
The post Details: As students transition into high school, they will also begin considering and planning what they want to do after high school. This process is specifically outlined by IDEA for students rece appeared first on Psychology Homework.