1. How do the vitamins differ from the energy nutrients?
2. Describe some general differences between fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins.
3. For thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, and vitamin C, state:
• Its chief function in the body:
• Its characteristic deficiency symptoms
• Its significant food sources.
4. What is the relationship of tryptophan to niacin?
5. What risks are associated with high doses of niacin? Vitamin B6? Vitamin C?
6. List 5 things that will affect the bioavailability of the nutrient content related to vitamin content.
7. What are some of the reasons to take supplements?
8. What are some of the reasons that supplements could cause problems?
9. How do you choose supplements?
The post Human Nutrition appeared first on Nursing Experts Help.