Diversity in the News
Project Description & purpose:
You will research a current events news article which you will read your new â€œdiversity lensesâ€. After reading the article, you will examine it for specific examples that illustrate key concepts that have been taught in class. As a result, you can begin to apply what you have learned to what you see happening in U.S society.
Article Analysis Paper Guidelines:
- Choose a dominant group you are part of and choose your article from matching target group perspective. For instance, if you are a member of the dominant group of Christianity, your article will need to about a non-Christian religious group experience.
- Articles must be a minimum of 2 pages in length.
- Your news articles sources can be found in newspapers or magazines(web).
- The article publication has to be current within 2 years (2017 to present)
- Paper must be double spaced with 12-point font in times roman.
Key concepts to identify in your news article:
- Examples of discrimination, prejudice, and stereotyping. Identify whether these are individual, institutional or structural.
- Examples of stages in the Cycle of Socialization.
- Examples of dominant group privilege and the resulting target group oppression (the â€œismsâ€).
- What do you think should be done to remedy the situation described in your article?
Component 1-Article Analysis Paper:
A 3-page review/analysis of your assigned current events article should include the following:
- Summarize the article: what happened, who was involved, where, etc.
- Include and identify a minimum of 3 key concepts from class.
- Include relevant thoughts, feeling and reflections you had when you were reading the article and writing your paper.
- How did this event or topic affect you, personally?
- Do you agree or disagree with the author? surprises
- What can be done or how can you use your privilege to impact this â€œismâ€?
- Be as thorough as you can be (dive deeper), using specific examples from class discussions or relevant personal experience.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post its my article appeared first on My Nursing Experts.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"