MUSIC AND HEALTH
Word limit: 2,000 words
In this assignment you need to create a playlist for personal use. You can choose the exact purpose of your playlist, but it must relate to promoting your own personal wellbeing. You must intentionally choose music that suits the purpose of the playlist and draw on concepts and theory covered in lectures to strategically organize the order of each song. You will need to actively listen to the music you choose for your playlist, in order to describe the song’s qualities and test that it meets your intended purpose.
• In the introduction, describe the purpose of the playlist and how music could be used to promote the desired outcome. Here you must also clearly describe your process of creating the playlist, stating how you went about selecting the songs and the order.
• In the body of the assignment, list 10 pieces of music included in the playlist.
– Use the title of the song and its complete reference as the heading for the discussion of each peice of music.
– Discuss the songs in the order in which they appear in the playlist. For each song, describe how it will contribute to your overall purpose. You can choose to describe musical aspects (the beat, harmonies etc) and or non-musical aspects (associations etc) of the song. Use the literature throughout the assignment to justify your claims about the benefits of music for this purpose. Dedicate approximately 120 – 140 words per song and include the song title and reference details as the subheading for each song.
• In your conclusion, reflect on any potential mental health benefits that may result through use of the playlist, and potential challenges you may see for this form of music use.
– We recommend APA6 referencing style, however, your references can be in any style as long as they are consistent.
– Please include complete references to each song as the subheadings. Also include these references in the reference list.
– All citations included in the body of the assignment must appear in the reference list according to your chosen referencing style.
– Include a minimum of 6 pieces of literature, integrated into the body of the assignment.
– You may choose to write the assignment in first or third person.
– The reference list is not included in the word limit. In-text citations and subheadings are included in the word limit.
– You may choose songs from any genre/style/culture
– Applications for special consideration must be applied for through your student centre.
Example song citation in full:
Writer, A. (Copyright year).Title of the song [Recorded by B. B. place artist here if different to the writer]. On Title of album [Medium of recording such as CD, Recordetc] Location: Label. (date of the recording if different from song copyright date)
• Successful reporting of all songs and citations in the text, and correct referencing of song and literature references according to APA 6 or other chosen style
• Integration of the literature into the explanations about the choice of each song.
• Capacity to critically reflect upon the potential use and challenges associated with songs and playlists.
• Clarity of writing and presentation.
The post MUSIC AND HEALTH appeared first on nursing assignment tutor.