DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING FROM A NUTRITION POINT OF VIEW, WITH EMPHASIS ON BOTH THE MACRO-NUTRIENTS AND THE MICRO-NUTRIENTS AND THEIR ROLES IN WEIGHT LOSS. IT SHOULD NOT BE ADDRESSED FROM A MEDICAL POINT OF VIEW. ABOUT 250 WORDS
Kristy is a 54 year old school teacher. She feels that she is fairly active, but has always struggled to keep her weight in check. Currently she attends a women’s specific gym for a 30 minute session twice per week as well as taking casual walks with her husband roughly once per week. She is knowledgeable about healthy eating and tries to eat well, although she does claim to have a sweet tooth. She does not smoke, and only drinks alcohol on special occasions. Recently she went to her GP for a check up and discovered that her blood pressure was high. After the GP asked a few questions it became apparent that Kristy has three family members who have been diagnosed with some form of heart disease, included her mother, who had died following a stroke 6 years ago. The GP continues with tests and gathers the following information:
Waist circumference: 90cm
LDL cholesterol: 3.4mmol/L
HDL cholesterol: 1.0mmol/L
Total cholesterol: 5.2mmol/L
Blood pressure: 138/90mmHg
The GP informs Kristy that she has pre-hypertension and is at a high risk of developing cardiovascular disease. The GP encourages her to reduce her risk through making changes to her diet and exercise habits.
125 WORDS FOR EACH OF THE 7 STATEMENTS
Discuss the following statements from a nutrition point of view;
1. consuming a healthy diet will prevent coronary heart disease
2. the overweight and obesity categories are a problem in Australia
3. the dangers of dietary fat have been over-rated
4. foods containing carbohydrates are beneficial to health
5. the importance to health of “the micros”
6. dietary factors may either cause or protect against some cancers
7. the ‘nature’ of human nutrition, with emphasis on the role that the evidence-based approach plays in the study of the subject
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post NUTRITION – GradSchoolPapers.com appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.