As a leader, there will be times when you will need to convince your audience about your point of view, whether you are selling a product or relaying information. Knowing how to convince people of your perspective is a valuable skill. In order to do this effectively, you must learn the art of persuasion and communication. For this assignment, you will apply key concepts from Week 5 to write a persuasive memo. Think about how you will convince your executive leadership team to buy into your point-of-view on your chosen topic.
Your boss discourages remote working although it is allowed in other departments, which is starting to impact the morale of your team. How will you persuade him that increased flexibility will be beneficial to the productivity of the team?
Instructions: • Review your Week 5 readings
• Create a 2 to 3 page Memo, addressed to the executive leadership team or to your boss, depending on the scenario that you chose.
• Use the Outline below to structure your Memo:
1. Write a “Hook” to get your audience’s attention (1-2 paragraphs)
2. Tell the story/create a connection (1-2 paragraphs)
3. Identify the benefits of your point-of-view (1-2 paragraphs)
4. Back it up with facts and data (1-2 paragraphs) 5. The Ask: Choose whether you will “ask for more” or “ask for less” (1-2 paragraphs) 6. Closing (1-2 paragraphs)
***Week 5 reading material***
Professional Formatting Requirements: Your assignment should follow these formatting requirements: • Typed, double spaced, professional font (size 10-12), includes headings and subheadings (to identify main topics and subtopics), with one-inch margins on all sides. • Do NOT include a standard cover page.
Instead, on the first page, start your Memo with the following headings aligned to the left:
TO: Fill in Decision Maker’s Name
FROM: Fill in Your Name
DATE: Fill in the Due Date
RE: Insert a Subject Line to Capture the Reader’s Interest
• Application of course material or other resources is needed. References must be included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source. • The length of 2 to 3 pages does not include your References page.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post persuasive memo appeared first on Top Premier Essays.