mental health/illness within Australia from the 1970?s to the 1990?s.
1. Utilising the resource material, provide a brief
historical overview ofthe development of mental health/illness issues within society.
2. Provide an outline ofthe changes in approach to
mental health/illness within Australia from the 1970?s to the 1990?s. You will need to include at least three (3) government
enquiries/investigations which have helped shape government direction in the provision of mental health services.
3. Identify three (3)
tiers of agencies and authorities which are involved in the provision of mental health services within the community and provide examples of
4. List at least three (3) arguments you can think ofwhich support the collaborative approach-that is, the client, carer and
community information about the role and vital importance of ensuring a collaborative approach to mental health.) They are also listed in
5. Identify and list four (4) issues within the mental health sectorthat are currently being debated.
5. The four
models ofintervention and care within the mental health sector are:
Psychosocial rehabilitation models
Population health approach
Choose one (1) model and discuss its application to the mental health services sector.
7. What have
been some ofthe impacts on client mental health well-being as a result of community stigma against mental illness?
8. List at least four
(4) stakeholders ofthe mental health services sector.
9. The United Nations Principles forthe Protection of Persons with Mental Illness
and the Improvement of Mental Health Care 1991 is an important document which has influenced mental health legislation in Australia.
at least three (3) ofthese Principles, and howthey influenced mental health legislations in Australia.
10. Discuss the meaning of
access’ and ‘equity’ within a mental health service provision aspect. How can service providers ensure that these rights are upheld
in a mental health service agency?
11. List at least five (5) methods that, as a mental health support worker, you can use to encourage and
promote a more equitable relationship with your clients.
12. How could your personal values and beliefs impact upon the planning and
delivery of mental health services to your clients?
13. Identify and list the various service-delivery settings that deliver mental health
services to clients. What is the difference between a ‘clinical’ versus ‘non-clinical’ mental health setting or service agency?
Which job roles do you think you would find in a clinical setting as opposed to a non-clinical, community-services role? (You must referto
and discuss your local state/territory mental health legislation when answering this question.)
14. List at least three (3) agencies and
support groups that provide information, support and advocacy for clients and carers ofindividuals with a mental illness and give a brief
overview ofthe service they provide
The post services to clients. What is the difference between a ‘clinical’ versus ‘non-clinical’ mental health setting or service agency? appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.